Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Getting ready

I leave for Thailand in two weeks. I haven't really done much yet to prepare. I am sure I should be doing something. Moving overseas for a year should warrent some kind of extra frenzy starting about now. But it hasn't. This is bringing back memeories of my move to France - I packed the morning I left. I'd like to think I've matured a bit so I'll do my utmost not to re-create that scene.
Today I have the day off and am trying to get some minor things done. Like creating this blog so that everyone can see what I am up to while I am away. Mostly I guess this blog will be for me so that I can keep a record of what I see and do.
Anyway, this is just a test. Don't expect anything too interesting quite yet - I am still stateside!

PS I should clarify my blog name. As this past winter will attest - Minnesota is hardly the tundra. And we get our fair share of hot humid weather. However, we are jokingly referred to as the tundra and alliteration won out. So that's that.

No comments: