Monday, May 31, 2010

American fun to last a year!....

....well, it will have to!

I'm back in Thailand and busy getting ready for the coming school year. We've been trying to get things organized. Mostly, I'm trying to. I have three desks now for all practical purposes. When I work on my thesis I need everything out of the way so I just switch to a vacant desk! This practice is catching up to me!

At any rate, I had a fabulous time on my month-long trip back to Minnesota. I also had a fun stop in San Francisco. I just want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone for being to welcoming, fun, happy to see me, willing to hang out, etc. I had several highlights this trip.

I got to:
- spend lots of quality time with my family
- spend quality time with good friends
- spend time with my mom for Mother's Day
- eat amazing food
- see my friends' babies (and not so babies anymore!)
- see a Twins game in the new stadium (so fun!)
- be in a big church and hear all the singing and fellowship
- have a day at MOA with friends - miniature golf, boba tea, more good food, a comedy show
- go urban camping
- take numerous drives around town to thrift stores and Half Price books looking for, you guessed it!, books to bring back for my school's library
- get on the news as Ben and I trekked about looking for Nordeast
- see grandparents, and uncle and aunt
- have amazing cinnamon rolls
- eat Ben's quality cooking - Mom's too (Thai food, soup, and enchiladas, mmmmm!)
- walk around the lakes and have great conversations in the cold!
- go swimming
- see a San Francisco Giants game (in their outdoor stadium)
- drive out to Napa, enjoy the beautiful weather and some great wines
- eat at several fancy restaurants - W.A. Frost, and D'Amico Kitchen in Minneapolis; Frances in San Francisco
Ben's amazing khao soy - one of our favorite Thai dishes.

My friend Christina and I at MOA.

Miniature golf at MOA

Downtown Minneapolis from the new Twins stadium

Family breakfast - eggs, sausage, toast...and cheesecake!

Central park where Mom and I strolled around on Mother's Day.

Lake Calhoun - where I love to walk even when it is freezing!

Me running up the stairs in the San Francisco fog.

Artesa winery

Stella, me, Kelly

View out towards Napa Valley from Artesa

For our late afternoon lunch we had a nice white wine, cheese, and a baguette at V. Sattui. Ahhhh.

The game at the Giants stadium - nice seats huh?


It was wonderful to see everyone again and I look forward to next year!

2 comments:

Stella said...

love your post!!! glad you had a great time back in the US! looking forward to your 3rd annual visit to SF! :)

Aimee said...

*sniff* dear next year, please hurry! i can't wait to see erika again :)