Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Italian Night

I've told students a few times that I'd cook dinner for them sometime - a dinner like what I might have at home. Well, a couple weeks ago I did just that with one of the other teachers here. We made lasagna, had bread, tossed salad, ice cream, and banana bread. It was really good and I think the students really enjoyed trying something new and different. I think we can all agree, though, that it is heavy! They said they thought they would be able to eat so much and then couldn't!
Here are a few pictures from the evening and prep process!

The ingredients for our dinner.
                                     
Listening to tunes and stirring up the cheese mixture.

One partially finished pan (we made three - good for 20 students FYI!).

Putting it in the oven and hoping all will turn out well!
And it does.
The students digging in.

Students helping themselves to salad and bread.

Cute family with their Italian dinner.

Students gathered around the salad bowl (salad was very popular!).

 It was fun and turned out exceptionally well. Every time I've tried cooking before (ie pizza debacle of '07) dinner seems to be really late. This time we were ready by 7. I think I'm finally getting the hang of this!

No comments: