I have almost sufficiently recovered from the Feast this year! I didn't get sick like last year! School (as a teacher) started up last week and was pretty good. We lost two students, though, this week, which made me a bit blue. Otherwise, those that remain are really making good progress. School (as a student) starts in a couple weeks. I am enjoying not having to read so many articles and just reading for fun!
So, the Feast this year was a really good time! I enjoyed all of our activities and I felt like I got to relax a little. It was fun to stay in the hotel (last year I didn't), but now I miss nice hot showers and good water pressure! I also miss the pool and soft mattress.
Activities included:
- elephant farm
- monkey farm
- talent show
- bowling
- soccer game (although it was rained out for the 2nd half)
- school tour
- Thai cooking class
Whew! A group of us also had a fancy dinner at the Chedi.
This year my mom and dad got to see Thailand. It was great having them there, even if just for a short time. It was also fun being a bit of a tourist in my own city. All in all, a great time!
Beka and Mom choosing the perfect ball to get a strike.
Mom and Dad on the elephant.
Saow and I riding along.
Norah's daughter, Myula, in her cute green hat.
A monkey making a little shopping trip for coconuts.
I was so excited to hold a monkey, but when I finally got to, he peed on me!
Ben and I in Lahu dress for the traditional dance we did.
1 comment:
Ooh, I love it! I'm so glad you got to see your parents, and they you. The monkey's hilarious - what's the backstory? And, while you look LOVELY in your Lahu dress - well, I can honestly say even I never expected to see Ben in a dress ;)
Post a Comment