Friday, June 19, 2009

Meet Pete

Pete is my hero. We met a couple months ago. I can't quite say what drew me to him - but he sure was cute! I believe we met in my bathroom. He in the corner, me just walking in. I admit I was a little startled. But I soon got over it and had him in a bucket and outside. So who is this Pete? Why, Pete is "my" frog of course!

A couple days after letting him out I saw him in my bathroom again, put him in a bucket and outside. A couple days later the same thing. So I thought,"Eh, might as well let him hang around." He did a couple cute things and even startled me again one night when he ventured into the living room and I almost stepped on him!

Warning to those who get grossed out by bugs, communing with animals and whatnot!

Well, last night he proved his friend status. Lately these bizarre-flying-ant-type-things (yes, the technical term) will all congregate in some place in the house late at night right before I go to bed. I make a beeline for my room, shut the door, lock it (you never know!) and tuck stuff in the cracks so they can't see the light - there I am safe.

Last night, however, I wanted to take a shower. Unfortunately for me, and the bizarre-flying-ant-type-things they congregated there. Yuck! Fortunately for me, but not for the bizarre-flying-ant-type-things, Pete came to the rescue. I sprayed them all down to the floor and he took care of the rest.

Ahh, then I had a bug-free shower once again. Thanks Pete!

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Um...you have a knight in shining armor who rescues you from scary things that send damsels the world over into distress - and he's a frog? Um...obvious question, but...have you seen what happens if you kiss him? :P

Lisa said...

Pete looks awesome. :)