Monday, June 15, 2009

Wedding Two

This past weekend I went to another wedding. This time it was of two former students. I took the trip with a couple of my current students - a long seven hour trip by bus and sawng-tao. We arrived early in the afternoon and I chatted with the students, caught up with the ones I haven't seen in awhile.

That night we went to the community room where the wedding was to be held. It looked kind of disastrous! But once they were through with it, it was quite beautiful.

One item of note: My (former) students look so serious in the picture - but they are actually really cute together! I think they were hot, actually.

Here are three of the four of us that went to the wedding: Wichai, LaNuNan, me.

The room where the wedding took place.

Jaseefu, one of my students who graduated last year.

A group from the village sang a couple songs at the wedding.

The wedding couple Atiwat and Fon. Fon is in her native Lahu dress.

People leaving from the ceremony.

One of my students - the class clown.

Wedding guests eating after the wedding.


I think this is it for the weddings for awhile. Today we started up school again so it's back to some serious work!

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Thanks for posting both of these wedding updates - they're beautiful! Great photos, Erika. It really looks like you're having a wonderful time :)